IT Projects Coordinator / Field Engineer Job Description
Job Title: IT – Projects Coordinator / Support Field Engineer (2nd/3rd line)
Role Type: Permanent – Full time
Location: Sheffield S9
Salary Range: £28,000 - £30,000 depending on experience.
Hours of work: Monday – Friday 08:30 – 17:00. (Some flexibility may be required on request)
Summary and purpose of the Job:
The role of an IT Projects Coordinator / Field Engineer is key to the success of our business. The role will be accountable for supporting our customers and helping to deliver IT projects. We are seeking an ambitious and customer centric individual to join our team supporting our customer base. The successful candidate will need to be self-motivated and be able to work independently and as part of a wider team. They will also be able to help organise the project team to help deliver site-based solutions.
The IT Projects Coordinator / Support Field Engineer responsibilities include resolving network issues, configuring operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support. You will use our CRM ticketing application to provide clients with quick answers to IT issues. For more complex problems that require detailed instruction, you will contact clients via the phone. You may also be required to create and provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals. You will also carry out on site support as agreed with customers and deliver new technologies as required.
Ultimately, you will be the person our customers trust to resolve issues. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems. You will need to be able to demonstrate an excellent customer service approach and have experience of working with customers both remotely and face to face. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of being in a customer facing environment and of resolving issues to the customers satisfaction. Strong communication skills, with the ability to translate a technical issue or solution into plain English is essential.
The extent of your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Answering incoming calls / electronic tickets raised by customers and colleagues
- Taking ownership of their issues to resolution
- Helping customers to troubleshoot issues they have and where necessary using third party portals to log faults and keep customers informed every step of the way
- Managing these requests via our CRM/ticketing system
- Required to visit customer sites for resolution / installation of solutions
- Required to work with other departments to provide pre-sales support as and when required
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, in accordance with job role performed (1st / 2nd / 3rd)
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues.
- Prioritise and manage several open tickets at one time, monitoring customer responses and any upcoming SLA events.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers. Ensure that Ticket notes are updated accurately.
- Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Maintain professional relationship with clients at all times
- From time to time, you may be required to work out of hours in the resolution of issues
You are required to have good working knowledge of, but not limited to:
- Windows Server Estates - Microsoft Server Environments, Exchange / File Servers / Domain Servers / DHCP / DNS / Networking principals
- Mac OS.
- Desktop support, Desktop setups / Desktop Applications etc
- Network Infrastructure, Data switch / Router setup and support / Cabling formats / Coms room environments
- MS 365 Products and suites – Office 365 / MS 365
- Teams / SharePoint / Identity and Access Management / Threat Protection / Device Management
- Microsoft Teams
- Peripheral Equipment – Printers setup / WiFi / Web Filtering / AV etc
- VoIP Telephony systems
The successful candidate will have:
- IT helpdesk experience, preferably with external customers and working remotely.
- A customer focus and a strong 'can do’ attitude.
- A team player and the ability to work with people of all working styles, backgrounds, experience, etc.
- Good organisational and leadership skills when required.
- Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to prioritise and handle multiple assignments at any given time while also serving as a "go to" for all members of a large team.
- Ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround.
- Must be flexible and able to commit the time required to get the job done in line with business needs.
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
- Eagerness to learn and develop and willing to go the extra mile.
- Reliable and approachable.
- The use of a private vehicle and a full clean driver’s licence
Ability to commute/relocate:
Please use the form to tell us about yourself and attach your CV. If we don't have any current vaccancies we will keep your CV on file and call you when we have the right position coming up.