Why are you not already working for Daffodil?
If you are great at what you do, we want you on our team. Daffodil IT and its brands are always on the look out for new staff with something special.
Why working with Daffodil is amazing
Who are we looking for- You must be:
⇓ A Team Player
A cliché for all job applicants but we do really want people who can work effectively with other people. Good communication skills, able to explain yourself clearly and a want to help others is a must for a true team player in Team Daffodil.
⇓ Self motivated & Proactive
We want bright people who are willing to learn from the team around them but are able to go find the answers for themselves. We will support you thoroughly but we won't hold your hand, we need workers who arn't afraid to question and put forward their own ideas.
⇓ Loves Hardwork & A Challenge
You've got to have a good work ethic. We want people who want to work. We want people who thrive off solving problems and learning something new.
You don't need to have endless qualifications but you need to know what you are talking about and be able to do the job.
⇓ Be A Flamingo in A Flock of Pigeon
We want people with personality. You don't have to be loud and proud extrovert, though thats cool if you are. We want to meet people with their own interests who can add something different to our office. Everyone at Team Daffodil has something special about them so we want to know whats special about you.
⇓ Website Developer
What kind of person we are looking for:
The ideal candidate will have the required skills to design, build and develop a range of websites and web applications. They will have experience in troubleshooting and fixing issues in existing projects with the ability to adapt and pick up new techniques. The right person will be creative but will have the practical know how and research skills to put their ideas in to practice. The chosen candidate will be a fantastic communicator who wants to help the team and its clients succeed. A proactive person who can keep up to date with advances in computer technology and how this affects the business environment will be perfect for this role.
The day-to-day work will vary depending on clients and in-house requirements, but your general activities will include:
- Planning and strategizing projects; deciding on the best technologies and languages for the project.
- Responsible for the design, layout and coding of a websites, applications, databases and new features.
- Testing sites, applications and new features thoroughly to ensure they perform the correct task in all cases.
- Maintaining existing websites proactively.
- Troubleshooting and fixing bugs in existing projects.
- Working with colleagues and outside suppliers to progress projects effectively.
- Reviewing colleagues' code, optimising existing code and contributing to a knowledge base of fixes and best practices.
- Learning and testing new technologies, frameworks and languages.
- Staying up to date with new trends and advancements in web development.
Applicants should possess the following essential qualities:
- Excellent web programming expertise with experience in CSS, HTML, PHP and JS
- Basic MySQL database management skills.
- Web design and layout experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills and research capabilities.
- Punctual and well-presented team player who can work independently and prioritise workload.
- Dedication, we are looking for someone who wants to grow with the team and build their career in a supportive environment.
- The ideal candidate would benefit from experience with at least one of these platforms; Joomla, Wordpress, VTiger, X-Cart, Magento, Laravel framework,
- Experience in version control, primarily GIT, and understanding of API integration, would be beneficial but not essential.
Negotiable dependant on experience and demonstrable skills.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to join the Daffodil IT family and further your career in IT, apply now using the form below!
⇓ Send us a CV if you are....
Even when we do not have any current roles, we are always on the look out for new stars. We would encourage you to send us your CV if you would be interested in a role in one of the following fields.
- IT Technician
- Website Development
Send us your CV
Please use the form to tell us about yourself and attach your CV. If we don't have any current vaccancies we will keep your CV on file and call you when we have the right position coming up.